Welcome to the Rose Tree Fiber Shop
Since Rosemary Heideman opened the doors on December 7, 1988, we’ve held strong to several beliefs:
We offer high-quality, natural fibers at a fair price. Whether you’re a knitter, crocheter, hand-spinner, weaver, dyer or basket maker, you’ll find high-quality materials. We don’t cut corners, and we don’t think you should either.
We’re here to help you learn. We have an extensive selection of books - new designers and classic reference books - and can help you find just what you need. We can also guide you through the important process of selecting your next spinning wheel, loom or other equipment. We offer a wide variety of classes, workshops and demonstrations, to help you grow and learn. And you can always stop by the shop for help from our experienced and knowledgeable instructors.
We’re proud to offer made in the USA products, including:
- C & M Acres alpaca fleece from Maxwell, Iowa
- Wool fleece from Lamb Lane Farms in Fort Madison, Iowa
- Brown Sheep yarns from Mitchellville, Nebraska
- Spinning & weaving equipment from Schacht Spindle Co., Inc. from Boulder, Colorado
- Frabjous Fibers from South Newfane, Vermont
- Cestari Yarns from Churchville, Virginia
- Brittany Birch Needles & Hooks from Elk, California
- Pagewood Farm yarns from San Pedro, California
- Coastal Knits patterns from Atascedero, California
We’re an inclusive, vibrant community of fiber enthusiasts. From beginners to life-long crafters and full-time artists, you’ll enjoy meeting creative, friendly and diverse people who share your passions. Join us for classes, workshops, and social events.
Stop by the shop and visit us soon. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
~ Michelle Eppert, Proprietor
Newsletter Sign-up is here!
If you’d like to receive our weekly update on new products, classes and workshops, socials and events, and in-store promotions, send a message to email@example.com with Subscribe in the subject line.
Come join us at “The Rose Tree Fiber Fans” for regular discussions and shop updates between newsletters. Not a member of Ravelry.com yet? It’s free and easy! Create your profile, log on to meet other fiber fans, keep track of your projects, and join groups for your favorite designers or knit-a-longs for your favorite projects. Best of all, search their huge pattern database . . . with tons of free patterns and advice! Ravelry has over one million members, world-wide, come join the fun!
Our sale table is loaded with good stuff! When you make your way to the back room, you’ll find yarns in discontinued colors, back issues of magazines, and a whole bunch more. Be sure to check it out!
- Metered parking is available directly in front of the shop on West Street and is available on a first-come basis.
- Off-street parking is available behind the shop. On Hyland Ave., turn into the driveway directly across the street from the Collegiate Presbyterian Church sign and park in the lower-tier lot. (The upper-tier parking lot, with numbered stalls, is reserved for apartment tenants. Parking in these stalls will get you towed!) Cut through the alley to find our front door.
- And, we’re located ½ block from the CyRide bus stop. Take the Red or Green routes and exit at the Union Dr. stop closest to Troy’s Barber Shop.